The Twin Genesis
Karel Jan Kosman returned to Prague, his birthplace, shortly after the velvet revolution that set the country on a path from socialist centralism back to democracy. Soon he became actively engaged in helping to privatize former nationalized industries and to restore ethical private enterprise.
As many Communists turned coats to become entrepreneurs, Karel registered their entrenched tendency to seek a monopolistic advantage, to hammer out win-lose deals. And Karel preached about the American way of win-win that benefits all parties and prospers the country.
After twenty years of service in the Czech Republic, Karel and Liba returned to Colorado and noticed with disappointment, that win-lose had become quite a bit the norm in American business and politics. That inspired Karel to begin writing The Twin, contrasting the Earth with a twin planet in a parallel universe where win-lose dealings are against the law.
The couple also noticed another phenomenon—creeping centralism—and the connection between the two: the same elites, who favored quick wins over a democratic process, promoted centralist governance as means of affecting many by influencing a few. All these experiences contributed to The Twin genesis.
When Karel completed the first draft, he proceeded to self-publish it in March 2018 under the hashtag #TheTwin. He distributed copies to family, friends, as well as formal reviewers, and received much constructive critique and encouragement to complete the work. In February 2019, Karel submitted a revised manuscript and signed a contract with Christian Faith Publishing to publish an English language version of The Twin in paperback and e-book formats worldwide.
The Publishing Timeline
- Editing, now underway, expected completion April 2019.
- Typesetting and cover design: expected completion by June 2019.
- Printing: the paperback ready for distribution around July 2019.
- eBook creation in the required formats and upload to online merchants, completion August 2019.
- Press Release: disseminated online to media outlets, bloggers, journalists, newspapers, television and radio stations, websites, and book reviewers, September 2019.